admin
Site Admin

Re: How to get compass data in arduino?

Postby admin » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:05 pm

amolad wrote:
admin wrote:
amolad wrote:Okay Thank you!!
Yes it is from the mobile beacon.
How it works is that, these raw distances are inputted to the EKF of ardupilot which then computes the position of the vehicle!
https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/ ... d.cpp#L390
This is why :(

Just for me to understand. So, basically, you need the same what we currently already have for modem, also on the mobile beacon, right? Raw distances. And then you do the mathematics, filtering, etc. by yourself. Correct?

Exactly! The Kalmann filter in the ardupilot code already does the triangulation since it has to support multiple beacons. Now since marvelmind already gives us the XYZ of the vehicle, this is supplied as back calculation and reliabilty based on the accuracy. The accuracy of the info is now hardcoded as +/- 2cms! It would be nice to have some sort of accuracy info too supplied if possible? :) But its not too important.
The kalmann filter will use the raw distances and compute the XYZ and does a check between the given values and calculated values.

So yeah just need the info what the modem shows, the raw distances, also in the mobile beacon side! :)

We discussed this with the team in the past. We will discuss again.
The issues is that we steadily increase the radio traffic load. It becomes heavy and reduce update rate further, especially, on 38kbps. Besides, this once again changes the radio protocol ;-)

But I see the benefits. We will get it sooner or later. Perhaps, pretty soon.

amolad

Postby amolad » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:07 pm

BTW, the coordinate system we see on the dashboard is following ENU (East, North, Up) coordinate system right? and not NED (North, East, Down) ?

amolad

Postby amolad » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:08 pm

admin wrote:
amolad wrote:
admin wrote:

Just for me to understand. So, basically, you need the same what we currently already have for modem, also on the mobile beacon, right? Raw distances. And then you do the mathematics, filtering, etc. by yourself. Correct?

Exactly! The Kalmann filter in the ardupilot code already does the triangulation since it has to support multiple beacons. Now since marvelmind already gives us the XYZ of the vehicle, this is supplied as back calculation and reliabilty based on the accuracy. The accuracy of the info is now hardcoded as +/- 2cms! It would be nice to have some sort of accuracy info too supplied if possible? :) But its not too important.
The kalmann filter will use the raw distances and compute the XYZ and does a check between the given values and calculated values.

So yeah just need the info what the modem shows, the raw distances, also in the mobile beacon side! :)

We discussed this with the team in the past. We will discuss again.
The issues is that we steadily increase the radio traffic load. It becomes heavy and reduce update rate further, especially, on 38kbps. Besides, this once again changes the radio protocol ;-)

But I see the benefits. We will get it sooner or later. Perhaps, pretty soon.

Awesome :) great to hear! I understand the traffic will increase a lot. But great that it has a possibility of being considered :D

Return to “FAQ”