Communication between IMU paired beacon and Arduino

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
RoboticGuy

Communication between IMU paired beacon and Arduino

Post by RoboticGuy »

Hello. I used to pair normal 4.9w Hw beacons and it has communicated very well with my Arduino. When I use my new super beacons, it works too, but if I choose the “use IMU” function in the paired settings, it stops sending the angle. I'm using hedgehog_sample_uart_v5. Does this option change the way the beacon sends the angle? Because I thought it just stabilized the paired angle.

smoker77

Re: Communication between IMU paired beacon and Arduino

Post by smoker77 »

Hello,

The angle should be sent by the same way if you enable 'IMU fusion for angle'
What do you mean by 'hedgehog stops send the angle' - the angle is always zero or packets with coordinates were not received at all?
Did you get good tracking of paired Super-Beacons in dashboard?
Please send us the file generated by 'Save map' button in dashboard, we will check the settings.
Also please check the IMU is enabled in 'IMU' section of settings in dashboard.
Also try connect the beacon to dashboard via USB and make sure IMU is working - see graphs 'View/Accelerometer data' and 'View/Gyroscope data'

RoboticGuy_2

Post by RoboticGuy_2 »

Hello,

I'm sending the file of the map.

Im having a good pairing with the IMU Beacon. In the Dashboard It works very well. The problem occurs when I print the angle using the Arduino and the program I told you before. The 'pair_heading' variable freezes in the last measure (the X and Y position continues to work). This only occurs when I enable 'IMU fusion' function.

Example of what the Arduino is printing:

X: 11, Y: 6, angle: 25 (Before IMU fusion is enabled)
X: 12, Y: 8, angle: 23
X: 12, Y: 9, angle: 21
X: 11, Y: 10, angle: 20
X: 10, Y: 11, angle: 20 (Now I enable IMU Fusion)
X: 11, Y: 14, angle: 20
X: 10, Y: 16, angle: 20
X: 12, Y: 17, angle: 20

'pair_heading' freezed in last measure (but Dashboard shows the correct angle).

Im sending you the program Im using to print too.
Attachments
files.rar
(5.18 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

smoker77

Post by smoker77 »

Hello,

We have tested on our side and the angle is updating in our case.
I have checked your data, some comments:
1. In attached saved map file I can't find any paired beacons.
2. Some of mobile beacons in saved map look not initialized, maybe they were sleeping or could not communicate via radio with modem.
3. One of mobile beacon in the saved map file has RSSI -14dBm and voltage 3.33V.
This is very high RSSI, mobile beacon is too close to modem for normal radio communication
And voltage 3.33V is very low, beacon is fully discharged and can stop work at any time.

The attached Arduino code looks not corresponding to the printed output from your post, for example I could not find any printing with word "angle" in the code.

Please check again and attach map file and Arduino program on the moment of testing.
You can also use Python or C examples for PC for testing (connect mobile beacon to PC via USB):
https://github.com/MarvelmindRobotics/m ... master.zip
https://github.com/MarvelmindRobotics/m ... master.zip

As I see from your map file, you use NIA, right?