Updating version 4.3 hardware to the latest firmware

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
Donald

Updating version 4.3 hardware to the latest firmware

Postby Donald » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:44 am

Hello,

I am trying to update my version 4.3 hardware to the version 4.78 firmware. I have downloaded the SW pack for the version 4.3 hardware and am able to update the beacons and hedgehog just fine, but when I try to update the modem I get a "Firmware file name not corresponds to device" error. I also notice that the file name for the modem firmware contains "hwv45" rather than "hwv43" like the beacon firmware file? Is the modem firmware file in the SW pack for the version 4.3 hardware the correct file? Attached is a screenshot of the error I am getting. Thanks.

Donald
Attachments
2016-06-22 15_35_21-Dashboard - robots management   V4.41   ultimate.jpg
2016-06-22 15_35_21-Dashboard - robots management V4.41 ultimate.jpg (26.22 KiB) Viewed 1370 times

admin
Site Admin

Re: Updating version 4.3 hardware to the latest firmware

Postby admin » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:51 pm

Donald wrote:Hello,

I am trying to update my version 4.3 hardware to the version 4.78 firmware. I have downloaded the SW pack for the version 4.3 hardware and am able to update the beacons and hedgehog just fine, but when I try to update the modem I get a "Firmware file name not corresponds to device" error. I also notice that the file name for the modem firmware contains "hwv45" rather than "hwv43" like the beacon firmware file? Is the modem firmware file in the SW pack for the version 4.3 hardware the correct file? Attached is a screenshot of the error I am getting. Thanks.

Donald

Hello Donald,

I am sorry for the delayed answer. We replied via email to you.
We will update the SW on the website tomorrow.

BR,
Maxim

johnvargas212

Postby johnvargas212 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:24 pm

Hello guys, I am having a similar problem, I have attached my picture below. Only that I am getting the error message for the beacons instead of the modem. Appreciate the help.
Attachments
MAR.PNG
MAR.PNG (64.75 KiB) Viewed 755 times

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:18 pm

johnvargas212 wrote:Hello guys, I am having a similar problem, I have attached my picture below. Only that I am getting the error message for the beacons instead of the modem. Appreciate the help.

Hello,

Please, use DFU SW update as described in the manual: http://marvelmind.com/pics/marvelmind_n ... manual.pdf
There is a chapter about that.

BR,
Maxim

smoker77

Postby smoker77 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:39 pm

Hello. It seems the error on the last screenshot is because of try to upload firmware for HW4.9 into the HW4.5 beacon. Please use the firmware from 'hw45_firmware' directory instead 'hw49_firmware'. If you are sure your hardware is 4.9, please use DFU as noticed by admin. Also it seems you tried to upload 915 MHz firmware into 433 MHz hardware. Please use correct version of firmware for the HW4.9 devices.
Software updates for HW4.3 is not more available.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:04 pm

smoker77 wrote:Hello. It seems the error on the last screenshot is because of try to upload firmware for HW4.9 into the HW4.5 beacon. Please use the firmware from 'hw45_firmware' directory instead 'hw49_firmware'. If you are sure your hardware is 4.9, please use DFU as noticed by admin. Also it seems you tried to upload 915 MHz firmware into 433 MHz hardware. Please use correct version of firmware for the HW4.9 devices.
Software updates for HW4.3 is not more available.

Yes, colleagues, please, always indicate what HW version you have and what frequency variants you have:
- HW 4.3 - four sensors and no plastic housing
- HW 4.5 - 5 sensors and no plastic housing. Antenna looks to the side
- HW 4.9 - 5 sensors + plastic housing. Antenna looks perpendicular to the board

We provide regular SW updates for HW v4.9 and HW v.4.5, but not anymore for HW v4.3. If we find enough users who need to upgrade HW v4.3 to the latest release, we will produce a release for that too.

Thank you,
Maxim

Return to “FAQ”