Pixhawk - Marvelmind

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
admin
Site Admin

Re: Pixhawk - Marvelmind

Postby admin » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:38 pm

amolad wrote:@admin
Would you mind posting the little tweaks we could play around with in the manual? Cause they are all over the forum :D

I too have the pixhawk on a rover and I have the 4 stationary beacon and one hedge system. I am getting a good lock when the system is stationary but once the whole system is switched on, the position starts to flicker around (10-15 cms on the map). And when I upload an auto mission, the rover goes to the target in zig zag way and does not follow a straight path. (But when i take over through remote control, the rover goes straight and i do observe an accuracy of 5-6 cms on the map and face no issues.)

I am not sure if this is an issue with the rover autopilot or the marvelmind system. Is anyone else facing the issue?

BTW the ardurover firmware i'm using is the latest stable build.

EDIT: Wanted to add regarding setting of the compass orientation. Any guide on this? is it better to adapt marvelmind setup to the geodetic system or better for the ardupilot to adapt to the local marvelmind system?

Tweaks that are Marvelmind Indoor "GPS" related we will soon combine into manual. It is time, I agree :-)

However, regarding the Pixhawk itself, here were are not yet experienced enough to suggest much. We are so much focusing on our system development, that we don't have resources to spend sufficient time with Pixhawk.

To make clear wether our system creates issues or Pixhawk, please, monitor the mobile beacon on the Dashboard. If it jumping around, then there is something with us. Some settings shall be optimized. If, however, mobile beacon is traced well, then take a closer look at Pixhawk settings

amolad

Postby amolad » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:49 pm

admin wrote:
amolad wrote:@admin
Would you mind posting the little tweaks we could play around with in the manual? Cause they are all over the forum :D

I too have the pixhawk on a rover and I have the 4 stationary beacon and one hedge system. I am getting a good lock when the system is stationary but once the whole system is switched on, the position starts to flicker around (10-15 cms on the map). And when I upload an auto mission, the rover goes to the target in zig zag way and does not follow a straight path. (But when i take over through remote control, the rover goes straight and i do observe an accuracy of 5-6 cms on the map and face no issues.)

I am not sure if this is an issue with the rover autopilot or the marvelmind system. Is anyone else facing the issue?

BTW the ardurover firmware i'm using is the latest stable build.

EDIT: Wanted to add regarding setting of the compass orientation. Any guide on this? is it better to adapt marvelmind setup to the geodetic system or better for the ardupilot to adapt to the local marvelmind system?

Tweaks that are Marvelmind Indoor "GPS" related we will soon combine into manual. It is time, I agree :-)

However, regarding the Pixhawk itself, here were are not yet experienced enough to suggest much. We are so much focusing on our system development, that we don't have resources to spend sufficient time with Pixhawk.

To make clear wether our system creates issues or Pixhawk, please, monitor the mobile beacon on the Dashboard. If it jumping around, then there is something with us. Some settings shall be optimized. If, however, mobile beacon is traced well, then take a closer look at Pixhawk settings

Cool thanks! :) I will check it up. Will wait to see if any other users reported the same issue.

Shreya

Postby Shreya » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:41 pm

I want to interface Pixhawk with Marvelmind sensors, so the pixhawk can see the sensors as GPS, but I am unable to do it. I use QGround Control to
monitor the pixhawk and it gives a message "GPS Receiver missing', "No GPS Lock for vehicle".

I followed this manual http://www.marvelmind.com/downloads/mar ... 10_11a.pdf, but even it does not work with APM Planner.

Please help.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:10 pm

Shreya wrote:I want to interface Pixhawk with Marvelmind sensors, so the pixhawk can see the sensors as GPS, but I am unable to do it. I use QGround Control to
monitor the pixhawk and it gives a message "GPS Receiver missing', "No GPS Lock for vehicle".

I followed this manual http://www.marvelmind.com/downloads/mar ... 10_11a.pdf, but even it does not work with APM Planner.

Please help.

Sharing the copy of the answers sent to you via email:

Please check the following:
1. Is your map of stationary beacons built and frozen? The mobile beacon is shown in dashboard and updates position, isn't it?
2. Have you selected the same UART speed for mobile beacon (in dashboard) and for GPS port of Pixhawk?
3. Is your wiring correct? Can you share the picture of connection of mobile beacon to Pixhawk?

amolad

Postby amolad » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:04 pm

Hello,

i am working on getting marvelmind officially onto ardupilot.
it would be great if you guys could review it?

https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/5993

Hendrik

Postby Hendrik » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:26 pm

Hi Amolad,

Very interesting.

I am (via EKF3) still struggling with compass data.
I will try to compile to firmware for Hexacopter.

Which parameters are there to get Marvelmind working?

Hendrik

amolad

Postby amolad » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:57 pm

Hey Hendrik,

My plan was to use the Beacon class like how it is done for the Pozyx..so it would be the BCN_* parameters. But i am still having problem is activating this class for my rover. I know it is already there for the copter. Would you be able to try this code? and follow the same insructions as done for activating pozxy but for BCN_TYPE you set to 2 (Marvelmind)

EDIT: So the Beacon object created would be passed on to the AHRS and it would be much easier to control the vehicle with this

amolad

Postby amolad » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:43 am

Hello everyone,

So some updates from my pull request.
This porting is almost done! Would be great if you guys here could test it soon :-) and probably the guys from Marvelmind could reveiw the code?
Especially AP_Beacon/AP_Beacon_Marvelmind.cpp

https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/5993

Will post more updates on how this could be tested once i get the code sorted

Hendrik

Postby Hendrik » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:54 pm

I would like to test it, but we are on a path with pixhawk-marvelmind using fake GPS.
I had to make modifications to firmware to eliminate magnetic compass.
The area we fly in has to much metal which gives a lot of compass error.

Today we had success:
20170414 path drone.jpg
20170414 path drone.jpg (80.32 KiB) Viewed 697 times

https://youtu.be/lNjHjdBr6YQ

https://youtu.be/L3pJP5ayBs4

Easyaerial

Postby Easyaerial » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:23 am

Impressive videos @Hendrik!
That flight path looks very precise.
What would you guess is Marvelminds' maximum range?

Cheers,

Return to “FAQ”