procedure for drawing path

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
GOB
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:32 pm

Re: procedure for drawing path

Postby GOB » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:49 pm

It would let me check the accuracy of the hedgehog.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:06 pm
Contact:

Re: procedure for drawing path

Postby admin » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:52 pm

GOB wrote:It would let me check the accuracy of the hedgehog.


We didn't think about this option ...
How exactly would you like to check it?

GOB
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:32 pm

Re: procedure for drawing path

Postby GOB » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:56 pm

I could draw a line on the dashboard corresponding to a known line or path in physical space.

Then walk that line holding a hedgehog, and see if the actual path walked lies on the line I drew in the dashboard.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:06 pm
Contact:

Re: procedure for drawing path

Postby admin » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:12 pm

GOB wrote:I could draw a line on the dashboard corresponding to a known line or path in physical space.

Then walk that line holding a hedgehog, and see if the actual path walked lies on the line I drew in the dashboard.



I wonder, how would you draw that?... How could you clearly establish direct correspondence between the map in the Dashboard and the physical space? We are doing this by moving mobile beacon to that point and drawing the path point on the map. Not vice versa. Vice versa it is kind of inconvenient ...
At the same time, you could simply walk that line and then walk again ... - this is the mode of operation.

The system is designed to let the robot know that the robot can come through particular areas and can't come through others. So, you just walk the robot through the path manually once and records the points that would become path points. Then you can adjust the points from the Dashboard menu to make them smooth or beautiful

GOB
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:32 pm

Re: procedure for drawing path

Postby GOB » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:18 pm

Thanks for the explanation.

It would be very helpful for me to have that record feature for a path, and to be able to output that path taken.

Also to be able to go to a certain point, press "record point" and have that one point saved.

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:06 pm
Contact:

Re: procedure for drawing path

Postby admin » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:24 pm

GOB wrote:Thanks for the explanation.

It would be very helpful for me to have that record feature for a path, and to be able to output that path taken.

Also to be able to go to a certain point, press "record point" and have that one point saved.



all location data is recorded in the file in the Dashboard directory automatically. So, you always have data about the path taken. You can analyze it.

we will put your new feature in the wish list. It, probably, could be implemented in some future releases. I will discuss with my colleagues.

GOB
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:32 pm

Re: procedure for drawing path

Postby GOB » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:16 pm

Thanks for adding path logging settings to the newest dashboard release. Appreciated!

User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:06 pm
Contact:

Re: procedure for drawing path

Postby admin » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:33 am

GOB wrote:Thanks for adding path logging settings to the newest dashboard release. Appreciated!



Hello,

Here is more on adding the path:
http://www.marvelmind.com/downloads/hed ... ath_v1.zip - sample code
http://marvelmind.com/downloads/marvelm ... _12_10.pdf - description of the protocol 2.3.1. Request of writing the movement path

And some print screen is attached.

BR,
Maxim
Attachments
upload_path_via_hedge.PNG
upload_path_via_hedge.PNG (74.3 KiB) Viewed 1564 times


Return to “FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests