Pixhawk+Marvelmind with paired beacons intergration

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
Rasmus

Pixhawk+Marvelmind with paired beacons intergration

Post by Rasmus »

Greetings,

I know there are a lot of pixhawk+marvelmind threads here, but I think there should be one dedicated to the paired beacons feature
AND how to get that data to the autopilot.

The problem I have is, that I can't find any information on how to get the heading data to the autopilot.
Following is from this manual:https://www.marvelmind.com/pics/marvelm ... _09_13.pdf

Connect to UART on a hedgehog – 2 wires soldering to pins required. See the picture of beacon interface below. To have the location data out, it is sufficient to connect only 2 wires: GND and USART2_TX.

What about "to have the heading data out" ?

Is it as simple as just connecting the SCL and SDA pins in addition to the usart tx and ground?

I have a HW4.9 with IMU connected to the autopilot, paired with a regular HW4.9.

I am getting a reliable 3D GPS lock and would like to understand how the paired beacons are supposed to communicate the heading data to the autopilot?

Cheers!

Rasmus

Re: Pixhawk+Marvelmind with paired beacons intergration

Post by Rasmus »

I am using NMEA protocol

Rasmus

Post by Rasmus »

Is it as simple as just connecting the SCL and SDA pins in addition to the usart tx and ground?
I have tried this and it seems it is not that simple. Still the question remains...

How is heading data transmitted from the mobile beacon when using NMEA protocol?
If it is not possible with NMEA protocol, what course of action is suggested?

smoker77

Post by smoker77 »

Hello.

In current version compass emulation (via SCL and SDA pins) works only for paired Super-Beacons and only with U-Blox protocol enabled.
If you use HW4.9 beacons and NMEA, compass emulation will not work.
To get heading data in NMEA you can purchase this license:
https://marvelmind.com/product/mmsw0002/
But note that this feature is supported only for Super-Beacons, Mini-Rx, Industrial Super-Beacons, Industrial-RXs, Industrial-TXs.
And not supported for HW4.9 beacons.
Also I'm not sure if the Pixhawk supports processing of this NMEA $GPHDT packet with heading data.