Uncertainty Estimation

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
rguzman

Uncertainty Estimation

Postby rguzman » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Dear Sirs,

For some reason, this message has been rejected 2 times with the reason "contains a link to pirate software" which is absurd (I have filled the online form, and there was no link).

My question is if there is a way to estimate the uncertainty of the provided position. This estimation can be useful when trying to fuse this information with other localization sources.

Thanks for your support and best regards.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Uncertainty Estimation

Postby admin » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:51 pm

rguzman wrote:Dear Sirs,

For some reason, this message has been rejected 2 times with the reason "contains a link to pirate software" which is absurd (I have filled the online form, and there was no link).

My question is if there is a way to estimate the uncertainty of the provided position. This estimation can be useful when trying to fuse this information with other localization sources.

Thanks for your support and best regards.

Hello,

We receive a lot of spam, so, it could be rejected because title of the post was too generic :-)

Yes, it is possible. We have a parameter of quality of data. Kind - trust level.
My colleague will comment on details.

BR,
Maxim

smoker77

Re: Uncertainty Estimation

Postby smoker77 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:07 pm

Hello,
Yes, we now have coefficient of quality of positioning the mobile beacon.
Now this coefficient is used only internally in our system, but we plan to add it to streaming output data from mobile beacon and modem, in log file of dashboard and data available via UDP interface of dashboard. This will be available in one of the nearest software releases.

Return to “FAQ”