submaps not saved

Frequent questions asked online, offline, in forums are answered here
monkee

submaps not saved

Postby monkee » Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:32 pm

The dashboard lets you freeze some or all of the submaps. It was stated that frozen submaps are stored in the modem. However as it appears only submap 0 is stored there: when I disconnect the modem and then reconnect it again, only submap 0 is presented in frozen state (offering to unfreeze it). All the other submaps are shown in open state (offering to freeze them). This looks like a bug to me and makes working with submaps virtually impossible, since everytime you start up the system you have to reconfigure the submaps.

admin
Site Admin

Re: submaps not saved

Postby admin » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:56 pm

monkee wrote:The dashboard lets you freeze some or all of the submaps. It was stated that frozen submaps are stored in the modem. However as it appears only submap 0 is stored there: when I disconnect the modem and then reconnect it again, only submap 0 is presented in frozen state (offering to unfreeze it). All the other submaps are shown in open state (offering to freeze them). This looks like a bug to me and makes working with submaps virtually impossible, since everytime you start up the system you have to reconfigure the submaps.

Hello,

Do you freeze submaps before freezing them into the full map?...
Recommended way:
- Build submap. Then freeze submap
- Then build another submap and freeze that submap
- Then position submaps on the map and freeze the map of submaps
- Everything is ready, frozen and stored in the modem
With this mode everything shall work ...

If still doesn't, please, share some print screens of your Dashboard and describe steps, and we will advise more.

BTW, what SW versions do you use? Are they from the same pack?

Thank you.

BR,
Maxim

Return to “FAQ”